Sunday, January 13, 2008

About: Empathy
-by The Zeven

I'm empathomorphic, meaning I can absorb emotions exhibited by people I am around. But I just realized, I can absorb emotion from anything I can contact. Be it a book, a movie, a show, anything. It helps sometimes, but it's a really big weight to bear too at other times. Even though this is true, I really envy a certain someone who has the same-"power" if you could call it that. I envy that person because they can help. I copy, feel, and express the emotions of those around me and from things that interest me. Whatever I do, I can't just get rid of negative emotion others feel. The best I can do is convert it into positive energy and try to make them feel better with it. The case is different with this other person. This person can take away negative emotion from one person and transfer it into himself. This person can alleviate the negative emotion in another. I really envy this person, though I know the person doesn't like taking negative emotion from others because it causes severe emotional pain. Why I know this? I know this person and my knack for converting negative emotion into positive emotion causes the same pain. It might sound unbelievable, but I know that many people have these abilities, they just don't realize that they have them. You may not believe me, but I do and that's all I need to know because it's what your own beliefs are that shape you as part of this existence. I strayed from my topic, didn't I? Oh, well. I just hope that people would realize that we can all get rid of the sadness, the pointless anger, and the fear that haunts us all if we can turn them from negative emotion into positive emotion. That took quite a while. So, until next time.

No comments: